Wednesday, April 4

THE POWER OF PRAYER

The Bible is a great training manual for instruction and guidance regarding prayer. The Word even suggests infers that prayer offers us in some way; restorative power.



Is anyone among you afflicted (ill-treated, suffering evil)? He should pray. Is anyone glad at heart? He should sing praise [to God].

Is anyone among you sick? He should call in the church elders (the spiritual guides). And they should pray over him, anointing him with oil in the Lord's name.

And the prayer [that is] of faith will save him who is sick, and the Lord will restore him; and if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

Confess to one another therefore your faults (your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins) and pray [also] for one another, that you may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart]. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]. James 5: 13-16

Elijah was a human being with a nature such as we have [with feelings, affections, and a constitution like ours]; and he prayed earnestly for it not to rain, and no rain fell on the earth for three years and six months. [I Kings 17:1.]

And [then] he prayed again and the heavens supplied rain and the land produced its crops [as usual]. [I Kings 18:42-45.]


HOW PRAYER CHANGED MY LIFE...


I was very leery of churches that day when I found my way in to that small chapel. Every fiber of my being was telling me to get up and leave. Yet, the thoughts of the cancer, the funeral plans I had made and the fact that I had told God that I wanted to hear about healing was keeping me there. I was at least going to give them a chance, to hear what they had to say.

Soon enough a young man came out and began to speak about healing and how God wanted me to have it. He even explained exactly what to do and had a pocketful of stories on people who had gotten healing of varied ailments.


But what he said after that; took deep root in my heart.

He said that he can tell why people stay sick based on the amount of time they spend praying a day. I almost screamed Wow out loud.

In this country, the average American spends less than 30 minutes a week praying. Of course, there are many exceptions.

I needed a supernatural intervention and I KNEW average wouldn't cut it.

So I developed a prayer life. The cancer left, my family was restored, my marriage was restored, my children were restored, my finances were restored. my transportation which was in dire straights multiplied, my spiritual life soared and my life began anew!

Once that happened, I vowed never to be caught on the defense again. That's why I became a PRAYER WARRIOR!



No comments:

Cast Your Cares On The Lord

Cast Your Cares  On The Lord