Tuesday, April 10

DID YOU MAKE YOUR LIST YET?


And when you assume the posture of prayer, remember that it's not all asking. If you have anything against someone, forgive—only then will your heavenly Father be inclined to also wipe your slate clean of sins." Mark 11: 25 The Message Bible

Born again believer, saved, sanctified, tongue talking and imperfect; that’s me.

I realized one day that I had to forgive anyone and everyone that had ever (imagined or real) done something to me. I wanted to do this right so I made a list. I was VERY honest with myself and I did not lie. When I finished making the list, it was two pages long!

That was the easy part.

I had to take a look at each name from my heart. I scratched them off one by one. I asked myself: Can I forgive this person and truthfully said: “Yes or No.”

In the end there were 3 names and a lot of old “baggage.” It took me almost two weeks to totally forgive those three. One was a man who had murdered my father. I had never forgiven him, I had only forgotten.

My inability to do that had caused me not to experience God’s best.

My life is so much better off with those burdens lifted. My prayers were no longer hindered!

DID YOU MAKE YOUR LIST YET? MAYBE YOU DON’T EVEN NEED ONE…THAT SHOWS THAT YOU ARE SPIRITUALLY GROWN UP IN THIS AREA AND THAT’S VERY GOOD!


__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Cast Your Cares On The Lord

Cast Your Cares  On The Lord