Tuesday, June 12

From lowly victim to prayer warrior by E. Davenport(Wednesday, June 13, 2007)

There was a time in my life when I viewed myself as a lowly victim. The enemy was whooping up on me and I thought there was nothing I could do about it. And then I woke up. Hallelujah. They won't let me put exclamation marks on this site. That's hard for someone on fire for God. Very hard. Anyway, I didn't know about Luke 10: 19; which says:

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. (KJV)


When I found this out, I then read Hebrews 11: 1 which says:

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.


But I did not have a lot of faith and then I read Romans 10: 17 which says:

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

So, I make up my mind. I DECIDED TO START SATURATING MYSELF WITH THE WORD OF GOD JUST TO SEE IF THIS WAS TRUE. COULD I ACTUALLY GET MORE FAITH? I SET OUT ON A JOURNEY TO GET IT.


On that journey which I am still on, I found some answers to questions that we all have.

Yes, you can get more faith by hearing the Word of God.
Yes, your prayer life can lengthen and improve.

On this journey thus far, my life has radically changed and I am now a prayer warrior. I am a soldier for God representing the Kingdom of God, defending many things. I'm no longer a victim. My prayers are answered. Sign up for duty.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Cast Your Cares On The Lord

Cast Your Cares  On The Lord