Wednesday, June 27

CLOUDS GATHERED AS WE PRAYED! By Elaine Davenport (Wednesday, June 27,2007)

I woke up early this morning today. I woke up today with God on my mind. It was certain ly too early to get up I thought. I tried to go back to sleep. It didn't work. I was wide-eyed and there was much to be done. I decided that I wasn't going to make it to Prayer. I went to check on my Blogs and on the Healing Blog; it showed that 41 people had visited the site last night. I was amazed. I washed my hair after much writing and watered the lawn. It was still early. Soon, I was driving to prayer. I met my friends coming out of the sanctuary and we met in our famous prayer pow wow on the parking lot. It was a sunny day then. I just happened to glance in the sky; there was not a cloud in sight. We began to pray for various prayer needs that we were aware of. and then we began to pray for other people. We prayed intensely for our spiritual leadership, the nation of Israel, the American soldiers . Right around that time, we looked in the sky and saw one beautiful giant cloud.

Sister Rose told us that she had read somewhere that the clouds represent the dust of Jesus feet. We continued to pray. We looked up again and guess what? There were seven cloud formations. I would write with exclamation marks everywhere but the software on this site does not allow it. Oh well.

We talked briefly about how the number seven spiritually represents completion and we continued to pray. We prayed til we were exhausted. It was refreshing and not tiring. This is true. When we finished our prayer; almost two hours had went by. There were four of us.


I ended up having an incredible day. I am so thankful. I just want to ask you if you have a prayer life? If you don't, all I can say is that if you develop one, your life will change for the better.

I was raised to believe that I only needed to send up a prayer in an emergency. At around ten years of age, I began to have casual conversations with God. There wasn't much information out on developing a prayer life. In those days, the only people who were recognized as having Godly relationships were ministers, priests and nuns. Life changes.


Seek the Lord while he may be found;
call on him while he is near.
Let the wicked forsake his way
and the evil man his thoughts
Let him turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on him,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways" declares the Lord

As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts higher than your thoughts

(Isaiah 55:6-9)



No comments:

Cast Your Cares On The Lord

Cast Your Cares  On The Lord