Monday, March 19

The Prayer that changed my life!

I have a wonderful neighbor that is truly a praying woman. I was glad to know her but I didn't want to do what she did (pray) because I figured it was too much work and I was already busy. lol

I was working for my community at that time doing lots of volunteer work. I was keeping my family on the right track (I thought) and helping everyone that I could. Deep down inside; I knew something was missing from my life, but in my mind it wasn't an emergency. I couldn't put my finger on it. I did not understand.

Thinking back, my neighbor must have been praying for me as she saw me running in and out the house in a frenzy and having personal knowledge of so many of the tasks and responsibilities I had taken on. So after much prayer; she left me a note on my doorstep:

I came home and picked up a strangley folded paper. I read it with interest since it was addressed to me. The note which she had signed; explained how hard I worked and how busy I was; and then it asked: BUT WHAT ARE YOU DOINNG FOR YOURSELF SPIRITUALLY. Now I like to think of myself as a very smart person, so I thought:

How could she tell? Does it sh0w?
Can people really tell by talking to me that I am lacking anything spiritually?

The bad part was; I knew it was true. I was lacking spiritually! So that's what it was! I had tried to make it on my own maintaining a relationship with God and God was a great partner; I was not. I was checking in only for urgent matters or emergencies. As far as faith was concerned; I had some but not enough because faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God and I wasn't hearing it. I was estranged from the body of Christ.

That day, that I read that note, I awakened from a grand delusion. I had deluded myself like so many people into just living life. In the back of my mind, I began to realize that I needed to find a church home. So, finally I began to pray. That step changed my life!

No comments:

Cast Your Cares On The Lord

Cast Your Cares  On The Lord